Portable acoustic sand monitoring kit, deployed by ROV offshore Alexandria.
The ClampOn subsea sensors are designed to meet these requirements:
- Designed for a service life of more than 25 years
- Independent redundant electronics
- Independent high and atmosphere pressure chambers
- Electron beam (EB) welding of the chamber against external pressure (no rubber or mechanical seals)
- Glass-metal penetrator as a barrier between high and atmosphere pressure chambers
- Outstanding sensitivity, repeatability, accuracy and signal/noise ratio thanks to Digital Signal Processing (DSP-06)
Sand production in oil and gas wells is a serious issue for oil and gas producers. The challenge is not merely to avoid sand production, but also to increase commercial well productivity, as even small quantities of particles in the well flow can cause significant damage. As an operator you are interested in maximum production and profit from your wells, no matter what technology you use. Operators all over the world have made ClampOn their preferred supplier of sand monitoring systems, due to the patented technology that turns their wells into profit generators.
Figure shows what sand management is about. The closer to the red line the operator can produce safely the more profitable the wells become.Learn more »
All our instruments are equipped with both digital and analogue interface, and comply with all common protocols. Our instruments can easily be integrated into any existing or new control system. A computer with our software is often used in-between our instruments and the control system. The computer will be used for sand calculation by using the RAW data from our sand detectors and flow data from third party systems, then output calculated sand rate to the control system. All recorded data will also be stored for analyzing and calibration purposes. We always recommend using the digital interface due to following benefits:
- Two way communication enabling instrument software update and configuration
- Full signal range resolution
- All sensor data can be transmitted
- No signal loss