Our PIG detector can be interfaced with the control system using either:
- Digital RS485 interface
- Analogue 4-20mA interface
- Digital output, VFC (Volt Free Contact)
Detecting the PIG passing is done by detection criteria’s in the detector itself or using our computer software. There are also two sets of detection methods available, fixed threshold and percentage of signal. The latter is often used with unstable flow conditions.
It is recommended to use the digital interface (RS485) and a computer running our software for following reasons:
- Detection criteria’s can easily be set in the software by an operator.
- All data will be logged and all PIG passing will be recorded and time stamped.
- Trends will be available for correct calibration of detection.
- Method of detection can quickly be changed if needed.